Sunday, January 5, 2014

My HoneyBun

 
So about a month & a half ago I had to find a new home for HoneyBun. She nipped Tater while I was standing RIGHT there, & her dislike for him has been growing since he has learned to pull on her tail & face, & wants to make out with her all day. I decided with another baby on the way that it was probably best to find her a new home, where she would be happier as well. I had been having to separate her from the family constantly because I couldn't watch her like a hawk while making dinner, cleaning, etc. & I did NOT want the incident repeated. I felt that this was pretty unfair to her too, since she was an only child for so long. She adored Liv, but Liv is older & doesn't try to make out with her ;)
Well, I placed an ad on ksl & got several responses. I had been super super sick that weekend so I couldn't meet with anyone. I got a text a few days later from the kindest woman named Connie who wanted HoneyBun for her dad. He had just lost his wife about a month earlier & was lonely. Of course this pulled at my heart strings & I LOVED the idea of Buns going to a home that she would bring so much joy to. An older person who would spoil her, let her lounge on the couch all day, & feed her treats all the time was exactly what I was hoping for. Connie has texted me many times to tell me how well Bun is doing, how much her dad loves her, & thank you so much for bringing him so much joy. He started tearing up the night he got her & said this was exactly what he needed.
 I got a new phone & don't have the text messages, but I DID forward them to Bobby, so I will add them in when I can because they are SO sweet & heartfelt, & brought me much comfort that I want to remember them. Dean Cannon is her new daddy's name. He called me personally to thank me for her & tell me how much he adores her. I instantly liked this man from the moment I started talking to him. He was so sharp, spry, & kind...especially for 85 years old! He told me she is his little princess, that he started calling her "Pearl" because he got her on Pearl Harbor day, & he thought it was very fitting. He said she responds to it, but of course still does to HoneyBun as well.
He asked for my email so he could give me updates on her & send photos occasionally. Of course this thrilled me. His daughter Jodi (Livingston Cannon, in case I ever lose her phone # & info :)) also called & told me how much her dad has enjoyed her & she wanted to send me pictures & keep me updated. His granddaughter Shannon came to pick Bun up initially, she is Connie's daughter. She brought her friend along, who I happened to know. She is Tesha Hales Thomas's mom. They were both so sweet & took some photos of me & Bunny before they left. Of course I was crying & they were just so sweet to me. She said that she comes up to Ogden a lot (they are from Salt Lake/Murray area) & she would be glad to bring her by for a visit for a few hours. Dean also told me that he was okay with that :)
They have texted me many pictures, which I included at the end & will post more as I get them. I am so thrilled with my decision of where to place her. I couldn't have picked out a more perfect home & family for her to go to. I love my little Bunnygirl & hope she is very very happy. Dean says he wouldn't trade her for a national champion dog :)
Love you HoneyBun. You're still my first baby. Mommy loves you.
 
Here are some pics I had on my phone & wanted to put in here. Of course I have a million others, but they are on CD's in storage. 
 



 



My sweet mom brought me this modeling clay to make an ornament of Bun's paw print for a keepsake. She had done it with the grandkids this year. My mom is so thoughtful & sweet. Even though she is not a dog person, she knows how special Bun is to me & was so sweet & understanding about it all. Thanks Momma!

 
Snugglin with Mama. Pics are crappy because of my crappy new phone :(
 

Curled up by the fire looking so cute :)


This is right before she left. Of course I look a mess because I was crying & had been getting ready for work. My cute girl :)
 
 
 
 
These are pictures Jodi sent me of Bun getting her tummy tickles :)
 

 
This was the very first photo I got & was so thrilled to receive. I had asked Connie to send me a pic of her dad with HoneyBun to help comfort me a little, & so I could see how happy they were together. She was so kind to oblige, & has since updated me on them, how their Christmas was, etc. I love it!
What a sweet pic huh? And Buns looks so happy too :)

 
These are pics Shannon sent me today. HoneyBun is a "cheesehead" now ;)
Shannon sent the next pic, saying Buns has stayed true to what we taught her. They put Rams colors in her hair! Blue & gold hair things :) How sweet are they??
Thank you Cannon family!
Thank you for taking such good care of my baby girl, & for keeping me in her life! I appreciate you so much!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment