Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Birthday- the big 35

My birthday was great this year. Normally I love them & get so excited months before. I love an opportunity to celebrate another year of life. I am so blessed & have a wonderful life.
I think this year I was just kind of a downer about it though. Not that I wasn't excited or minded getting older.
35 seems like a whole other "box" in life though. I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I am definitely on my way!
My sweet parents made sure I had an awesome day. I had wanted to take the kids to see the trains at the Union Station & then walk to Lucky Slice for pizza, but it rained.
Totally awesome though because I LOVE the rain. It is my most favoritest weather (yes it is a word;))
We went to get ice cream instead & Tate LOVED it. It was fun. Grammy met us there & we were so glad she did!
When I got home later there was a beautiful, perfect little cake with a lone little candle on it
sitting in front of my door.
I smiled & had tears. People are so kind. A girl from my ward had texted me to wish me happy birthday & told me she left a little cake there. This girl is SO sweet. She is a mom of 5 & definitely has her hands full. I love her personality & to hear her insights on topics at church. Oh man I'm gonna cry just thinking about this.
I was so completely touched that she had thought of me.
I consider her a friend, but I would never have expected that kind gesture.
Someone else left me flowers a few months ago too. I still don't know who it was.
I am so touched & flattered by the kindness that has been shown to me by my ward family. Everyone is so caring, always asking how I'm doing, trying to help me when I'm struggling with my kids at church, or telling me they are thinking of me.
It means SO much to me. I love my ward & appreciate them so much.

My sweet parents came & brought me flowers, & my mom took me to the Greenery at Rainbow Gardens while Dad took the kids for a bike ride at the Parkway. The Greenery is special to us because Nannie loved it. What a special place to celebrate.
I included in the little collage above, the sunflower that was in full bloom right then. My mom gave it to us, & Tate & I have watered & grown it (my neighbor Dave ran over Lola's :/ accident & totally fine. Even offered to pay for it haha)
I also put a picture of my peace lily that bloomed. Nannie gave me this planter from her house, right around when she went to the care center. It has grown SO much. I'm SO glad I haven't killed it! Haha anyways, that night I was feeling a little down & not really at peace. I went into the laundry room to grab something & noticed the bloom on the peace lily! I don't even remember seeing a bloom on it ever before. How special for me to find it, for it to be there that day, & right at a moment I really needed to feel peace. I know that was a gift from Heavenly Father & Nannie. I ask him for my loved ones who have passed on to watch over me & the kids & help us through our struggles.
What a lovely blessing that day! 
I could not have gotten through this last year without my AMAZING parents & family, my AWESOME friends, my sweet ward family, & the gospel too.
I am SO blessed!
a VERY happy birthday to me & I'm making a wish for a wonderful year!
(Oh no! Because I said it out loud will it not come true!?)

My sweet Gramma Marilyn. And the delicious brownies my mama made me for my birthday dinner (navajo tacos-yummy!)
My mom is the sweetest. She always decorates & goes all out for everyone's birthday.
Gramma Marilyn gave me one of her special necklaces. It says "Love" in diamonds. Papa Joe had given it to her. This made me cry too.
I love sentimental things. They are so special to me.
The "Love" necklace was a cool choice to give me because although I don't have a "love" in my life, i have soooo much LOVE in my life!
Happy birthday to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment