Saturday, June 8, 2013

Mother's Day

SO ANNOYED! Just wrote a lengthy & excellent blog entry & refreshed the browser because I am at work & I lost ALL of it! RRrrr.
-_-
That's a face Liv taught me.
It is quite fitting in most situations I think.
 
Mother's Day. I am SO sad I didn't get a picture of my beautiful, wonderful, sweet mom that day :(
I feel bad because I have asked a lot of people, "How was your Mother's Day?" "What did you do?"
"How did you celebrate?" I guess I'm a brand new mom so it's all exciting & fun. I was surprised & disappointed to hear the responses such as "We didn't do anything" or "I didn't get anything" or "I hate Mother's Day" :(
I feel you should praise & do nice things for your mom (& dad of course!) all the time, not just one day a year.
 

One mom told me she feels Mother's Day makes her feel like a failure. She is amazing, kind, sweet, hard-working, & just a GREAT person, so I was sad to hear this. I'm sure her children would feel extremely bad to know this is how she felt on the inside.

I have no idea how I just moved that picture. Ooops.
 
 
 
On a happier note,
mine was nice :) busy, but nice :)

I woke up to flowers, a cute, funny card & a gift card to TJ Maxx. Love that store :)
Then I made it to church with Tater. It felt nice to be there. They handed out chocolates which was very sweet.
Went to my mom's at 2pm for a late lunch/early dinner & then met up with Bobby at his parents house for dessert (he worked at Park City the night before, so I took the kids to my parents & let him sleep). Went home, got Liv into bed, then Tater, did a quick clean up in the house, then went to bed.
My fave part of most days. Oh how I miss the luxury of SLEEP.


Earlier in the week I got a package. LOVE to get packages, but I usually purchase them myself  FOR myself :)
SO proud of my hubby because this gift was pre-meditated! I got chocolate covered strawberries & pretzels. YUM-MY!
 It could have been a case of  baby food or socks or something & I would like it just as much because he thought of it early. Men are so last minute (including my own) so I was very touched that he would take the time to do this. He also sent my MOM some & some cute little cheesecakes too.
She definitely deserves them because she does tons for us & the kids, but so sweet of Bobby to do this.

My sweet card

Mine & Liv's cute cards & gifts for the grammas

So cute do you want to PIN it? ;)
jk. I love pinterest & get lots of ideas from it, but I was so excited I came up with this one on my own. If you can't tell, it's Liv & Tater's hands traced & cut out & curled into flower petals.

Favorite gift.
So cute & she wrote a sweet note on the back.
LOVED it.
Makes tough days easier :)

Loved this card from the hubs.
Very funny :)
and true :)

Tater lovin on Macey

Giving Gramma Sandi kisses

Givin Lainey kisses.
My sweet boy!

I am so sad I didn't take any pictures at my parents. So odd. :( Anyways, I love my mom more everyday. I appreciate her more every day. She is the best & I am so so very lucky to have her.
Happy Mother's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment