Saturday, August 31, 2013

Lava

These are not the best pics, but they were SO funny! My parents gave Tate this cute little Curious George backpack. We packed it up for his first trip to Lava & put it on him. It was huge & heavy. He looked so cute with it on though!
What an adventure! To be brutally honest, I will not be taking a vacay with children anytime soon. Tate did not sleep good at all. We stayed in our usual Riverbridge Inn that we love. I love this place because it has gold-flecked formica in the kitchen, just like at Nannie's old house in Roy; & brown carpet exactly like what we had when I was little at my parents house. It is cool & very retro. Well, we put the pack'n'play in our room, which happened to be the room with the bathroom. Sooo, we couldn't use the bathroom when Tate was napping or sleeping or even attempting the two. He was wild & up all night. He DID have a blast at the pools & loved the water. It was so fun to enjoy that with him. He has the cutest little body too in his lil swimming outfit my parents got him.
I think next time we will stay somewhere else, & maybe wait til he is a little bit older. I was stressed out & sad because my Grandma Nannie had passed away the night before, but Liv had been waiting to go to Lava all summer, & her friend was so excited to come too (Matti is our go-to Lava friend who has accompanied us several times. We have lots of fun memories there :))... I had to take a certification at work, write a talk, & work Saturday night too (& get a babysitter, which I hate to do, just to go to work :( )...I think I was just extra exhausted too because he hadn't slept or napped good for me at all the two nights before we left, then top it off with the trip & Mommy was spent :(
We tried though!
 



I saw this sign & thought it was hysterical!
Tater & Mommy at our favorite hot pools!



He LOVED this water table. He walked around it time after time after time, & loved playing in the water. He floated his little fire engine squishy toy all through it & played forever with it in the kiddie pool. I have to say for as difficult as it was, it was still really really fun to watch him enjoy everything so much :)



This is a picture of Tater at 6 in the morning. After we had been up all night :)
Finally we just decided to pack up & go home at 7:30a.m. because he was NOT going back to sleep. Look at this face!
It cracks me up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment