Saturday, August 31, 2013

More Birthday Fun...and not so fun stuff

Poor Tater. The day before his friend birthday party, & 2 days before my family party he got super sick. He had gotten his 12 month check-up & a few vaccines. I think it was the MMR that made him so sick. He had been throwing up, & had a temp from Wed to Fri morning. It was 103ish on Friday afternoon, with alternating tylenol & ibuprofen, taking a cool bath, a dip in the cool pool, & nothing was helping. I went into the house to change our clothes & it was 104.5. He was so lethargic, just laying on my bed. It broke my heart. I was scared to death! I was out of my hospital setting & this was my very own baby so I was a bit of a mess. My sweet parents met me at an urgent care in Roy & we got him checked out. They were so helpful! I am so blessed to have such wonderful parents. Tater just laid on my mom's shoulder hardly moving. The doctor tested him for strep & it came back negative. He said they usually don't get temperatures that high with shots, but he thought it was from the MMR. He was so nice. He said he probably wouldn't get better too quick through the weekend, but if he was still that sick on Monday to bring him back in.
We stayed the night at my parents & snuggled in the twin bed in the "Grammy room." He didn't sleep good at all in the crib that night, so I laid him by me. He doesn't usually like to lay down by you in bed, so I have to admit it was kinda nice to just hold & enjoy him. I felt so bad he was so sick though :(
After a night of not much sleep, & a nap the next day he seemed soooo much better. Not himself, but not scaring me to death. We stayed the afternoon at Grammy & Poppy's & went home in the evening to spend time with Daddy (he had worked in Park City the night before & had been sleeping during the day). We got home & I went to get him out of his carseat & he was covered in poop!!! It was so gross & Everywhere! I couldn't tell if it was throw up or poop. It got everywhere. Bobby's a good dad & cleaned it up. I would have thrown up myself. I cannot handle poop!
Well, the next day he seemed to be feeling a little bit better so we decided to do his birthday party. I have had decorations up for about a month & had put a lot of work into his party planning so we had everyone come over for a potato bar & cupcakes. It was really fun. Thanks everyone for coming up & helping celebrate our big boy!
I will add more pics later. My mom took a ton, but I haven't been over there with time to download all her pics.
So more to come!
 
Monster banner I made, it actually turned out quite cute :)



Sissy pullin our sick baby in his wagon


Grammy & Poppy got him an awesome 4 wheeler!
He was a little nervous about it, but after a little time he loved it

His Curious George monkey from Gramma & Grampa
 
car & truck set from Zach & Tessie & Dakota

a cool sand toy from the Hadley's

I had to reschedule his friend party & I decided to do it impromptu & the very next Saturday. Of course everyone was busy with summer vacations, camping, etc. so we only had a couple people show up, but it was fun!

Ashley & Tisha & their kids

Tater opening his present :)

He LOVED this lion card Tisha gave him

Playing with Corbin

Corbin giving Livy kisses.
 
Thanks everyone for helping celebrate Tater's 1st birthday!
Love you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment