Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve & Christmas

Christmas Eve we went to Gramma Marilyn n Grampa Bert's annual Christmas Eve party. It was fun. Life is so busy it's hard to see all our aunts, uncles, & cousins, so it was nice to get together. I included some pics of Houston & Maelee too. Houston looooved all of Gramma's Christmas characters & loved watching "Hassa" (i.e.-Santa) move around & read.

We also went to Grammy & Poppy's to open some Christmas gifts for Livy. Our little baby-to-be got quite a few gifts too! It was so fun to see all the baby stuff, & so sweet of my parents to do that!

So I went a little overboard with Christmas. I don't like the idea of spoiling kids at all, & had previously warned Bobby that I wasn't gonna go nuts....but, it's just so fun to have a kid, & it's easy to get carried away! I guess next year she'll have to share her thunder though, so she can enjoy one last year of being an only child with all the presents! Liv is the best though, & was so grateful for everything she got, & repeatedly told us so. I'm grateful for her, & what a great kid she is.

So Christmas Day, I was a party pooper. I had been up most of the night with Liv who was not feeling well (i.e.-excited about Christmas). I cannot believe how exhausted pregnancy makes you. I guess you don't really understand until it's you, but I feel like I have narcilepsy! Bobby & I had to work that night & I was so tired already, knowing I would absolutely not make it through the night shift conscious! So he let me sleep while he & Livy went to celebrate with the LaRose's. I was bummed to miss it, but my tiredness got the better of me. His parents got us an awesome motion detecting soap dispenser, & salt n pepper shakers that dispense those difficult to measure "sprinkle" & "pinch" measurements that nobody ever quite understands. They are so awesome! They also made a big Christmas lunch for everyone to enjoy (although the smell or sight of ham makes me puke these days, so maybe it's a good thing for everyone that I wasn't there!)

We are so grateful we had such a very Merry Christmas & that we were able to celebrate with all our family & friends. We are very blessed to have these wonderful people in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment