Saturday, March 2, 2013

Beauty Is...

My mom is the Stake Young Women's President & she planned a really great evening for mothers & daughters.The them was "What Beaty Is.." How appropriate for my beautiful mother to plan this!
 Now that we have Liv full time she got to come with me & I was so glad! We met Ashley & Tessie there, & awesome Poppy baby-sat Tater for me. Zach & Dakota were there too so it was a boys night at home! ;)
My mom found this wonderful young woman to speak about "What beauty is..."  She did such a GREAT job, & I was so thrilled to be there & have Livy hear what she had to say too.
This beautiful girl had cancer, went through chemo, & had made it through these trials a stronger, & more beautiful woman. She was so inspirational, & fun to listen to. She is one of those people you instantly like & could sit & chit-chat with.
She said so many cool things that really made you think. Tessie mentioned it in her blog too, but anyways she said, "When you wake up in the morning who do you ask if you are beautiful?" Satan? He will always try to make you feel like you aren't good enough. If you ask Heavenly Father he would tell you everyday that you are beautiful & he made you exactly how he wants you, indiividual & perfect, just the way you are.
Something she & also my mom talked about is how Heavenly Father made us in his likeness, most likely what our Heavenly Mother looks like. My mom mentioned that our bodies are gifts. If someone gives us a gift do we ever say:
I don't like it, can I have something else??
It probably hurts Heavenly Father's feelings that we ever think that about such a beautiful & wonderful gift he has given us. I know that really hit home with me & I totally agree that it is very important to look at it this way!
My mom did such a wonderful job planning everything! Two talented women sang a beautiful musical number, & at the end ALL the young women got up on the stage & sang a beautiful musical number that made you want to cry. It was really neat to see each girl & how different they were, each one special & beautiful in her own way.
It seemed likethe night went perfectly, even down to the refreshments (de-lish!)
Someone had made cookie dough balls & drizzled chocolate over them. Wow-SA! They were sooo good!
 
It was such a special evening & I am so proud of my mom for bringing it all together. Of course she got tons of compliments on it & everyone raved to us how much they love her & what a special & wonderful person she is.  This we know of course, but I'm glad they see it too :) My Mom is a person that radiates beauty inside & out, she is filled with love, there for you ANYtime, always has an ear to listen, a shoulder to cry on (I'm tearing up right now just thinking of what a great mom she is), makes you feel beautiful & special, she  maintains a lovely & inviting home, she balances everything in life SO great & is a wonderful example of beauty.
 
Way to go Momma! You are awesome & a true example of what beauty is, INSIDE & out!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment