Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Easter

 
Easter Morning (or afternoon) at the LaRose household. I got home from church & woke everyone up. I didn't take Tater because Bobby had been off the night before so I let him sleep in since Daddy was home. To be honest it is getting a little hard with him by myself, being so huge & with him being a typical almost 2 yr. old ;) Church was really nice though. Holly & Mark Egan, my neighbors across the street who had just recently moved to Syracuse :( came back & spoke. Holly focused on the Resurrection which was very special to her I'm sure because her mom had died a few years back. My heart ached for her as she spoke about her mom. I would be heartbroken to lose mine. It was really nice though, & very nice to see her & her dad Mylan too. He rented Holly's place when her & Mark got married because they each had a house. He was a wonderful, special neighbor too. I will miss all of them.
Anyways Easter afternnon was so fun! I had been pleasantly surprised the day before at my parents Easter egg hunt that he got the whole concept of finding the eggs & prizes & putting them in his cute little puppy dog basket. I bought him some things for his basket, but not really anything to hunt for, so....I put out Grammy n Poppy's eggs again & then hid one of his matchbox cars in one too. He thought it was awesome (and also then that a car would be in every one-he kept saying "vroom-vroom!?")!
 He also helped Sissy open her eggs & he licked each one of her Cadbury mini eggs & then handed each one to her. She's a good sis!....Liv got to find her usual "eggs for how old she is" except pregnant girl can't count & hid 14 :) She did so good this year! I was impressed! Searching for ANYthing isn't her strongest point ;) but she did SO good. I hid them myself this year & did a few tricky ones. She has significantly improved this year :)
Happy Easter kiddos. I love you both very much.
Xoxo
 
 
Look at this handsome little man! I'm so glad he got feeling better in time for Easter fun! [another post to follow about sick-time #2 this year :( ]
He was SO fun. Of course my cute mom went overboard ;) the kids had a blast though & I did watching them too :)
 
 
Pretty Livers
 
 
Oh. Huh. I just noticed that instagram pics have that black frame & you can't see my cute collage as good. Well, anyhow my parents planned the funnest day for us. Dakota was so cute & happy, Houston & Mae were so patient while Tater found all his eggs (he was NOT fast ;))
Mom & Dad planned a fun game for the adults where we found eggs & they had money & little instructions in them like Monopoly. They all had to do with babies, like "You ran out of diapers & had to go to the store. Borrow $5 from a friend." It was really fun. Then we all had to find a "special" egg that Livy hid for us. It had a bigger money prize in it. I FOUND THE EGG! I was shocked because I am horrible at anything competitive be it sports, finding something, games. I kind of suck. So I was excited! The game ended with everyone sharing & getting equal money (with the winner of finding the egg getting slightly more ;)) What a fun Easter celebration. Even the babies-to-be got presents hidden all over the backyard. My mom & dad are awesome. They do WAAAY too much for everyone, but we all really enjoyed it & had a great time.
Thanks MOM & DAD!
Love you both so much.
 
 
We did Easter at a park in Hooper with the Larose's & had desserts there. Sandi is an excellent baker & brought her yummy sugar cookies. I LOVED THEM :)
They had around 240 eggs to hide! We all brought eggs filled with candy, but I had no idea how MANY people would bring. I brought ten for Tate's protion! Oops. He did only TAKE ten though :)
Since there is only flat fields with no trees or anything the eggs were just scattered everywhere. It was fun to see the kids run like mad to find them. They let the little kids go first to be fair (for about 45 seconds ;)), so Tater, me, n Daddy hustled. He was really cute to watch. I think he kinda has the hang of it all now. Next year will be even more fun I'm sure.
He makes everything fun :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment