Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tater 23 months

So this entry turned out to be super long because I had the time (I'm at work at the new ER, almost 37 weeks pregnant, & am enjoying sitting right now ;)) Tater just does so many new things all the time & I keep thinking, "I can't forget to mention that in the blog!" So I'm doing it :) Pics will have to come in the next blog post though because I am on my work computer & my photos are obviously not on here. Also for some reason I can't upload pictures to the blog from my phone unless it is a brand new entry. Maybe I will figure it out one day! For now, here you go!....
 
He has grown out of those size 6 shoes & wears a 7 now. He mostly wears 3T shirts & jams. Since he got so sick last month he can barely keep size 2 pants & shorts up, although they are a little floody on him ;)
 
He makes everyone clap for him & will single you out if you're not doing it or not doing it quick enough. He loves to be praised. It is darling! He tells you to "sit" when he wants you to sit by him & do something. He says "Beep" when he wants you to move off the couch so he can line up his cars over & over again. He need the whole chaise part of it. Atleast he is polite & says "Beep" instead of "Move." I'm not even sure where he got that!?
 
Wow! The vocabulary is EXPLODING! My absoLUTE fave is "Mommy" which he says a million times a day , but I still can't get enough of. I love it. He says "Daddy" a million & one times, he says "Poppy" a ton, & he calls my mom "Mommy" too sometimes, & has said "Mammy." "Grammy" is kind of a tough one, but we are working on it!  He can say "night-night," "love you," "cycle" for motorcycle, "shut" which I'm trying to replace with "close" because shut comes out sounding a bit like another word! He says "Mo" when he signs "more," & he says "boo." Oh yes, he says "Cheethe" when you take a picture too! I love it! I also called him "cuckoo" one night so now he says that but somehow squeezes in a "th" sound where the c's are.
He says "Lolo" for Lola & he is saying "Baby" ALL the time now. We are really trying to get him used to the idea of babies. He loves to see them when we are grocery shopping or out & about & pretty much thinks anyone under 4 years old is a baby ;) He got so worried one time because a baby in line in front of us was so upset & crying. He can hear them from across the store too & always says "Baby?" He knows our baby is a girl too because when I'm getting things done in her room I say whose room is this? And he will say "baby" or "Sissy." I think he's going to be the best brother! He also rubs my belly & says "Baby."
It melts my heart <3
He says "Chic" for Chica (so to be honest I have allowed more tv since he was sicky-sick. I'm not as anti as I was because there are actually a lot of cool things that they teach on the baby & sprout channels that are important for kids to learn. Things that I think he might be too little to learn, or that I might not even think about. So, maybe I'm a bad mom but I don't think it's too big of a deal). To follow with that though, He says "Nin" for Nina, who does the good night show on Sprout. They teach cleaning up our toys, washing our faces & brushing our teeth before bed, a little bit of espanol, & they do bedtime "sprout stretches" which Tater loves to do. In fact one night Bobby had him on our bed while I was in the tub, left the room for a sec & when he came back in Tater was doing the stretches by himself! Made me a nervous wreck that he was on our huge bed by himself & standing up doing stretches, but...it WAS cute! It doesn't hurt that Nina is beautiful & skinny too ;) We call her Tater's girlfriend!
He recognizes airplanes in the sky, motorcycles outside (& always says "Loud")
He actually says "Loud" a lot! It is kinda funny because loud noises make him a little nervous.
Loud trucks & motorcycles, the vaccuum, & Bobby was using the skill-saw outside to cut up firewood from our old fence pieces. Tater didn't really like that.
 
At night we clean up toys, take a bath, snuggle & watch "Thomas the Train" while we get jam-jams on, a new diaper, & all lotioned up. The little sprout episodes are 15 minutes long so they are perfect! Then we watch our favorite "Zou" which is a cute little Zebra. Tater says his name so sweet! He says it with an "s" & "z" sound mixed together. Anyways, we snuggle & watch Zou while he has a bottle & then brush teeth. One of my fave times of day <3
I love to snuggle my baby boy! 
The last few days he has been singing the intro to the "Zou" show. They say "OH-oh-Oh, OH-oh-Oh-oh! I've got a friend in you, I've got a friend in Zou." He bobs his head along & sings the "OH oh" part. It is SO cute! He's just getting So big!
 
Speaking of the "BA" he was doing AWESOME!!! weaning from it before he got sick. He loved his sippy cups, especially the "take & toss" kinds with the straws, but he wouldn't eat or drink ANYTHING while he was sick, so of course we let him have the bottle, & now it's back with a vengeance. His pediatrician hounds me about it & wants him off it by the time the baby gets here. All the ladies at work tell me that's ridiculous & it's not a big deal. My friends all seem to think somewhere in between. I don't know, but it's kind of the least of my worries these days! We've had a lot goin on the last few months.
So back to the bedtime routine. I'll usually take him down to his bed & read him a scripture story out of his little book he loves, or "Goodnight Moon" while he snuggles his gray minky hanging on the edge of the crib. We sing a primary song, he tries to say he wants another ba-ba so he doesn't have to go to bed-the little stink- & then we tickle & giggle for a minute while I tuck him in. I make him blow me a kiss (he really blows it to you too now! So cute) then I take his bink out & say "Love you!" his sounds like "Lu you-lellow-or lolo" depending on the night. I know what he's saying though ;)
He usually settles down & goes to sleep after about 10 minutes (if it's later & we've played hard that day) & sometimes up to an hour and a half! He's still kind of unpredictable just like he has been since he was a baby!
 
The thing that never changes though is that I love him more each day. He brings so much happiness & joy to my life that I didn't even know was missing. I am absolutely in love with him & love to stare at his perfect little face, smile, & perfectly squishy little body. He has such a fun, funny, good-natured, sweet & spunky little personality & I am so lucky to be his mom. I am so excited to have another baby, especially a little girl this time around. It will be fun to see how different they are. I love being a mom & I thank Heavenly Father every day for that privilege.
Love you my Tater Salad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment