Monday, April 8, 2013

Tater is 8 months

 
Tater's Tops of the Month
 

1. He is almost crawling. Now he gets up from his knees to his toes while having his hands on the ground. It looks like he's doing downward facing dog in yoga!

2. He tried yogurt & loved it. Vanilla.


3. Seriously has the cutest body :)


4. His hair is long enough to have bed head now. It's so cute :)


5. Still a wrestle to get to sleep. This night he was up for like 2 hrs so we just let him come sit with us for a bit. He was so content to sit & hold my hair. He's like "Duh, this is what I wanted the whole time!" Good thing for him Daddy's a sucker.


6. Gettin good with a sippy cup. Well, better :)


7. Tater tried mashed potatoes. You can't tell here, but he loved them!



8. Another example of how he hates bedtime. This is him finally breaking down. Blanket over his face & his foot up on the side. He has started kicking the bedrails too. It's so loud it sounds like he's 
chopping wood down there!


9. He sits up in his stroller like a big boy!

10. He is starting to have stranger anxiety a little. Just a little, he's really pretty good. He IS getting really whiney & wants Mom a lot. All he wants is for me to hold him & nurse him sometimes. Obviously this is impossible. I swear I don't foster this behavior, I have to cook, clean, work, get ready, etc, so I can't! Of course he is fine with Bobby. I think it's the breastfeeding, which is still not going fabulous. I'm trying to be a trooper though.

11. He does not like peas or pineapple baby food.

12. He had an allergic reaction to his antibiotic for his ear infection. Hives all over his trunk & red, welty, hot cheeks. Poor baby :(

13. Do I dare say he has a nap schedule??? 2ish (give or take an hr) & 5:30ish. Never know if it is going to be 30 minutes or 2 hrs. He's going though a growth spurt we think because the naps have been definate & kinda long for him! He's eating a ton too. I swear I can see how much he's grown when I get home from work! His hair & length seem to grow daily!

14. He says dadadadadadada & bababababa. He talks a ton now, with running sentences of jibberish. I love it! Where is "mama" though????

15. He has the cutest giggle & gets so silly at bedtime. Of course.

16. For help with the bedtime routine I've been reading him "Peekaboo Sleepy Baby." It shows reall babies getting ready for bed. We tell the babies "Night night" & give them a kiss. This last week he's started giving  the babies a kiss himself!!! It is the cutest & sweetest thing ever. He's SO big :) and a lovebug :) yay :)

 
 
 

To my Baby,
 
You are actually not a little baby! You are turning into my big boy. It's so fun & exciting, but it makes me sad that you grow so fast. Every stage is my favorite & you pass each one so quickly! It is so fun to watch you learn, try, & experience new things. You are so observant of your surroundings & learn so much!
I love seeing your little face smile at me when I come to get you in the morning or after a nap. You pull down on your crib bumper & look at me through the slats like you're in a jail cell. You have the sweetest face I've ever seen.
I love after you've eaten & you snuggle into the nook of my neck while I'm trying to burp you. I love the feel of your silky hair on my cheek & listening to your soft breathing. I'm even in love with the way you breathe! You're a little miracle & you make everyday better for Mommy. You bring me so much joy & my life is so much better with you in it.
Love you so much my sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment